Let’s talk money!
In the UK, paper money is called a pound note, but in the US, it is a dollar bill.
Test your knowledge on money.
A) Match the amount on the left with the corresponding name on the right:
1. one cent a. quarter
2. five cents b. loonie
3. ten cents c. buck
4. twenty-five cents d. dime
5. pound sterling e. nickel
6. US dollar f. quid
7. Canadian dollar g. penny
B) Complete these phrases with the words below:
trees evil love problems penny
1. Money doesn’t grow on ______________.
2. Can’t buy me ____________.
3. More money, more ____________.
4. A ___________ saved is a penny earned.
5. Money is the root of all ______________.
A) 1/g, 2/e, 3/d, 4/a, 5/f, 6/c, 7/b
B) 1/ trees, 2/ love, 3/ problems, 4/ penny, 5/ evil